wish list...the seven month countdown

With roughly seven months to go I am starting to mentally organize my thoughts into a coherent plan.  Considering my thoughts seem to wander every couple of minutes these days, this organization has not been without effort.  I am sure these seven months will fly by and there are some things that I really hope to get done before baby a and baby b make their entrance into our world.

Some of my wishes are far fetched and others I fully intend on accomplishing....

The first.... some house love... in the form of improvements..

The front entrance.  I have blogged about this before.  I simply need these tiles and while I do not know much about babies I don't imagine they would warm to the sounds of tile being smashed and then tiles being cut.  The obstacle as it stands is sourcing these tiles in the right colour and for the right price.  I would like to find them in black or a dark gray and made from ceramic.  I am confident in my Husband's ability to smash out the tiles and cut and install the new ones.  Has he done this before?  No.  But he is an engineer... who sketches out nursery options in auto cad.  He can handle it.  Is that too much to ask for?

The dining room wall.  We've lived in this house for over two years and the wall is still bare.  It stares at us while we eat.  I have an idea or two.  We almost purchased a giant mirror for the wall the week after Christmas but it just didn't feel right... funny enough we found out about the twins the next day so I guess my subconscious was telling me not to spend the five hundred dollars on the mirror... point taken.  The table is not centered to the wall so a mirror might not even be the right choice period.  I do have this print thanks to my lovely sister and it might be just what the wall needs.  We just need a frame ... we might have to give in and buy a custom cut frame.

Laundry.... our laundry pair has been receiving failing grades ever since we moved in.  I can't imagine how much laundry will be involved with two babies but I know that our current system just won't cut it.  It is time to scour flyers.  Maybe we will get lucky like they did over on Young House Love?

Anna Kuperberg's photography is amazing.... I feel a little bit like this girl right now... so many thoughts floating around in my head... via

Comments

  1. Great goals! Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Just started following you and have gone back to ready every post. I love your blog and your honesty. It is very endearing. Congratulations to you and your husband on baby A & B!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I like comments (almost) as much as like wine!