backyard oasis trumps babymoon

So I always thought that if we got pregnant I would definitely want to take a babymoon.  A couple of months ago I started my usual trip planning exercises.... tracking prices on various sites and reading reviews daily on the top resorts that I selected on trip advisor.  In my head, we were Mexico bound.... the only thing pending was my bonus check.  Well I received my bonus last week and it would have definitely been sufficient... the only problem is I suddenly found myself not wanting to leave home.... could this be the beginninig of the whole nesting phenomenon?

I usually jump at the opportunity to travel but even the idea of going somewhere closer to home was just not doing it for me. 

Then I took a look outside into our backyard..... and suddenly I found myself visualizing the oasis that it could be with some hard work and a good sum of cash.  Andrew did not need to be convinced at all.  It was almost too easy in fact!  He was a landscaper all through the summers of university and definitely has the know how on how to design and create the multi-level decks, interlock, retaining wall and flower gardens that we are envisioning.   Actually, the first time I was out of the house for a good period of time post backyard discussion I came home to him having skectched several views of his plans for the backyard in autocad.

So now rather than dream of Mexico, I am dreaming of a weed free backyard oasis....

via Mochatini via DominoMag
Thinking of backyard options is keeping me going through all of this freezing rain here in Ottawa this morning.... Happy Monday!

Comments

  1. We did our backyard last year and it was a great decision! You and your babies will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like nesting!! The vacation would have been fun, but the backyard will last a lot longer. It will be nice to have an oasis to lounge in with a glass of wine after a long day of trying to keep up with the twins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! ...i'd say the backyard oasis because then us bloggers could visit you instead of crashing your mexico trip! ...on second thought, mexico does sound nice... decisions decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea, I'd loove to have a backyard oasis! And the best part is you can enjoy it once the bebe comes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. A backyard oasis could last all summer! I am inspired:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, it sounds very exciting and enjoying the result for a whole (pregnant) summer sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The backyard was the first thing we did when we bought our house 6 years ago. It is so nice to have that sanctuary to sit out in during our short summer here in Ottawa. Some summer nights we sit out until 10pm with our torches lit reading a book, etc. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With baby twins this summer/fall a nice back yard is a wonderful thing. I myself have been wishing for a deck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I like comments (almost) as much as like wine!