Chaotic Recap... Twentieth Edition

Hello there, I hope you've had a fabulous week. I've been in a bubble of typing, tea, typing, starbucks. I am past the halfway mark sitting at 27,548 words, which is still ahead, but I found this week to be trying since I am still grappling with a major plot decision.

enough about that. here's a rundown of the rest...

the toddler goods (can I call them babies when they have all four molars?)


oh her expressions, they kill me + her tiny face is chunking up ever so slightly


adventures in feeding themselves with spoons


need I elaborate?


her approach is calculated, it begins with a stare, followed closely by the scrunched up face, enter the precise dip into the bowl, finish with the spoon going directly into the mouth (at least that's what happened the next time I swear)


 Alice likes to cuddle, to tackle, to give morning hugs 


this is Isla's favourite sweater... she also has a favourite tunic, favourite pair of shoes... and the list goes on


If there was any question in my mind about putting them into gymnastics, that doubt has cleared



 what I read this week


I started to read wild and I think I will love it but I found myself crying just a handful of pages in so it's going to sit on the shelf until after nano... 

I am reading The Whole Brain Child, one of three parenting books that I ordered a few weeks back in my quest to find books that offer a different approach to raising, interacting and disciplining your child. I am nearing the halfway mark and have learned many useful tools such as name it to tame it, engage don't enrage and many interesting facts about the developing human brain. I plan on doing a full review when I finish.

what I did for me this week

I wrote thousands of words, that's what I did (NaNoWriMo) 
+
I bought a dress

what I found this week

these marriage tips found by kellythis print, this t-shirt, this sweater, this scarf  and lastly this is full of amazing things.

via
have a wonderful weekend.

19 comments:

  1. They are so cute together! I can't wait to read your review, I've been looking for a book just like that! :) Good luck writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      the other ones i picked up are discipline without distress and unconditional parenting.

      Delete
  2. Love all the pictures of your girls. The gymnastics moves are adorable, and the spoon feeding...oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah just as they were getting so great at not being messy with feeding themselves we revert to the huge messes that require floor washing every meal.

      Delete
  3. Love, love these pictures of Alice and Isla...thanks for sharing! I hope we can get together for coffee soon Ashley...I'd love to see the girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely. Next weekend is a write off with Andrew's xmas party but perhaps the one after?

      Delete
  4. they're so much more in each others world! ahhh let me at these ladies!

    beautiful post Ash, I love the quote. don't fret about the plot decision- follow your gut and the pathways will come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I am following it and hoping and praying that i can make it make sense!

      Delete
  5. I missed a couple updates and I check back in and they are huge!!! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, the girls look so big now!! They definitely look like they're ready for the gym. Congrats on your writing (I was going to ask how you can read a novel as you're writing one...but you answered that)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah when I try to read a novel I start analyzing the writing, comparing it to mine and then getting overwhelmed... parenting books it is!

      Delete
  7. Haha, those photos of the girls eating crack me up! That looks oh too familiar. Does that mean my just one year old is still a baby because she still has NO teeth!!?

    By the way, I haven't mentioned yet how super impressed I am with your nanowrimo business. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no teeth! there's no rush, they'll appear when they're good and ready!

      thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  8. oh my goodness that shot of the yoghurt eating is too good! happy writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I need all the encouragement I can get... especially right now at 11 pm still needing to get out another 1000 words today.

      Delete
  9. Awesome job on your book! I am so far behind it is not funny. I hit a wall and am still working on it.

    Awww..the yogurt. Your daughters look almost the same age as mine. She is getting in her molars this week and loves yogurt. You are braver than me because I'm still feeding it to her. I'm with you on the gymnastics. I can't wait until she can start! 5 more months!

    I must go get that book. It looks intriguing. I haven't read many books yet on parenting. I should. I mostly read the articles through the Attachment Parenting website. They have been pretty good but I need to branch out. I'm off to Amazon to look up that book now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you were doing it too! Just imagine how good it will feel when you type that 50 000th word!

      other books i bought are discipline without distress and unconditional parenting.

      Delete
  10. your girls melt my heart completely. I can't believe how gown up they look in these pictures!
    Sounds like you are doing so well with your book. YEAH!
    I'm reading another book by Siegel 'Parenting from the Inside Out'. I'm liking it so far. I've been wanting to read the Strayed book for a while. Let us know what you think when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments just as much as I like wine... perhaps even a little more...

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Calmly Chaotic All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger