embracing my inner caveman (girl)

I am not sure when exactly I decided to eliminate a couple of food groups, this day had really been brewing in the back of my head for quite some time. It might have been the headache that lasted more than a month, the chronic bloating that had me feeling awful about how I looked and felt, the acne that just wouldn't die or maybe it was the fact that as the weeks went on, my stomach just started yelling at me to please do something.

so I did. I went paleo, autoimmune to be specific, plus a few more eliminations

that was more than two months ago

now maybe doing this all one month shy of christmas was a tad excessive (read definite cheating and subsequent price paying) but once I did the research, saw the evidence, I knew I had to do it right then and there.

so I said byebye to all things dairy, grain, legume, sugar, nightshade, some fodmaps for good measure... at this point it's easier to tell you what I do eat than what I don't but I will tell you this... this paleo thing.. there's definitely something magic about going all meat eater. I mean, when I go to the grocery store, I literally shop only the perimeter, magic I tell you.

since this is the first written post of any substance in far too long, I'll keep it at that but I do hope to share more on this one day... hopefully soon.

Comments

  1. Yes, I would love to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have also gone Paleo and love it! Totally noticed a differnece in my energy levels and bloating. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more. We did hard core paleo last summer and it was so great. I just can't seem to get motivated to do it again. Neeeeeed motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I like comments (almost) as much as like wine!