Moving Back Home



We're here. I'm sitting in a house I never lived in and now call home.

That's right. Picture me rooting through cupboards as Andrew asks me where anything is. "I don't know. I never lived here..." is something I find myself saying far too often.

Because I never lived here.

We moved in with my parents.

It's temporary I repeat to myself and to them because it is. We invaded their space.. all five of us. That's the four of us plus the little one that I still care for.. for just a few more weeks. Because we're making changes everywhere in our life and I will feel that freedom very soon.

Our house sold in one fabulous day. That house had been closing in on me for years and the minute we decided to sell, everything started changing for the better. We closed on it today and walking through those empty rooms felt ninety percent good and ten percent strange. We get the keys to our new home in a little over a month. Of course then we're going to renovate the hell out of it because that's what you do when you're us and you buy a thirty year old house in the somewhat country.

So long suburbia, hello space. I can't wait to meet you.

Until then, we're sleeping in a double bed in the basement where I inevitably steal all the covers and where our remaining cat has permanently sequestered herself.

There's a stack of design magazines threatening the main floor and all of it has me so damn excited.

As for blogging. I'm back.




Comments

  1. I'm so glad to read an update from you!! And...we are right there with you on the moving front. I have no idea how the next six weeks is going to go, so if you have any tips on how you packed up your house (in such a short amount of time!), I'm all ears. I hope the next month is smooth for everyone, it's awesome that you had someone to stay with temporarily. We did not so we'd have been checking into a hotel if it came to that. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy way more boxes than you think you'll need, big ziplock bags and get rid of everything that you look at and know you haven't used recently. We sold almost all of our furniture too.

      Delete
    2. I do hope to purge even more than we already have. Did you just want to buy new furniture for the house or didn't want to store it?

      Delete
    3. Both. Our furniture was mostly wrecked and the spaces are completely different.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo!!! Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait to hear how things are going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Sounds like you guys have a lot going on these days! I just caught up on all your new posts, the girls have grown so much :) hope to continue seeing the updates as you guys plan this new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy cinderella cosplay from alicestyless.com with wholesale price. At the same time, you could get the cinderella cosplay costume with discount price. At the same time, you could buy the avengers age of ultron quicksilver costume from them, their service is really really great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I like comments (almost) as much as like wine!